Should you hire PHP programmers or ASP.net?
So your company has finally decided to take a leap and upgrade its current website? Your bosses might have even approved a budget for a new development project and want to get it up-&-running as soon as possible. With all the different programming languages and frameworks to offer, where should you start? Should you hire PHP programmers or use outsource services? Furthermore, should you develop your project in PHP or .NET?
In this article we’re going to explain the difference between PHP and .NET and explain why we focus on PHP when developing 98% of our projects.
PHP Programmers vs .NET
First of all, lets clear up one thing, that most people get confused about. PHP is a programming language, whereas ASP.NET is a programming framework. When developing websites through .NET you’re probably going to use C# or Java. PHP is also known as a scripting language, used in coding applications. ASP.NET is a programming model that is normally used in building applications.
The main differences are:
- PHP is a HTML embedded scripting language, while .NET isn’t a language, either a framework that can incorporate different languages.
- PHP runs on any operating systems preferably Linux, where as .NET will only run on Windows or IIS
- PHP is open source and can be used freely by anybody, while .NET costs money and requires frequent upgrading.
- PHP can work with a variety of databases, while .NET works best with MYSQL
- PHP is really easy to learn and is used by millions of programmers, while .NET is slightly more difficult to learn
- ASP.NET is compiled, whereas PHP is interpreted. This makes .NET projects generally execute faster.
Which Programming Language do we Prefer?
Due to the flexibility of PHP and the ability to implement it on a variety of operating systems we tend to develop our projects in PHP. Furthermore, as an outsource development company, we are often asked to upgrade an existing website or project, which will require us to work with an existing database. As PHP can work with virtually any database, it saves a lot of hassle, time and allows our team of specialists to meet client deadlines. Furthermore, we have found that PHP works amazingly with WordPress and when used correctly on a reputable hosting service, performance is outstanding. According to W3techs, PHP is used on more than 81% of websites, making it the most popular server-side programming language.
Hire PHP programmers
If you’re looking to hire developers then these are the things that you should be looking out for.
- Always go for a dedicated PHP programming team who can write code with high standard and show you projects that they have developed.
- The team should have a strong understanding of all programming languages and open source CMS’ like WordPress
- Has good communication skills.
- Can provide 24/7 technical support throughout all time zones.
- PHP coding capabilities can be checked by taking a practical test
- The PHP programmer or service you are hiring has references
Any development company’s aim should be to deliver the best PHP development solutions to help you reach your ROI in the minimum amount of time. When working with a company like TechSors, you can be certain that you will be receiving result-oriented solutions that will help your business grow. At TechSors we are known for providing an amazing level of service with high level code. Don’t believe us? Get in touch and see for yourself.